Monday, October 02, 2006

Socktoberfest begins!

It is the first -- err, ummm, I mean the second -- day of SOCKTOBERFEST! (The weekend didn't count, right?) Hooray! To celebrate, I thought I would show you a bit of what is on the needles that I intend to finish up during this fine fiesta.
Here we have the three most current projects – my first pair of Jaywalkers, knitting two at a time using the magic loop technique (also a first); Rachel’s Butterfly Bows Anklets, knit in her self-dyed yarn; and the new Sereknity design to be dubbed Rib-Zaggers that I hope to FINALLY finish and publish free to the blog this week. Just a few more inches to go!
And as for Rachel’s socks, there will be a bit of froggy action soon – notice anything wrong w/ this?

I guess I should have checked a little closer b4 moving on to the heel flap, huh? I had actually lent this sock to a friend at Manchvegas who had finished a project, had nothing to work on, and is waiting very VERY patiently for the Rib-Zagger pattern to start socks in her “What else? Watermelon” yarn. Sarah had never knit on dpn’s before, and had never knit a sock, so I threw her to the wolves! As I left her no copy of the pattern, she took a guess on the length, and it looked good to me, so I didn’t check either! Oh well – it served it’s purpose!
In other news, I also FINALLY listed some new yarns in the Sereknity Boutique today. I am quite pleased with the colors, and have some more drying on the porch to list in a few days. Very yummy if I do say so myself. I have a bunch of needles carved and ready for finishing as well, so I hope to post a few kits and some beaded/crystal needles. I’m also very excited to say that I’ll be compiling my first wholesale order to ship out in a few weeks – more on that and where to find everything soon!
And why does it take me so long between posts? Well, there is always something happening here at the Sereknity household, but this weekend was a banner one. The kids stayed with my mom while hubby and I – well, hubby really (I got dizzy spells and had to bow out) – worked on my new workroom!!!! (Can I call it a studio?? Is that too pretentious?) He informed me that some pics had better make it to the blog, so here they are…



The last is a bit scarier, but it really isn’t too far from completion. Jim has to rig the wiring for the lights and then we have to hang the sheetrock for the ceiling. I’ll do the taping and plastering (Jim hates finish work) and the oil tank at the far end will be hidden by wall of bamboo shade panels. I’m trying to decide on a wall color. I don’t want anything too loud because – as Jim pointed out – I don’t want any color reflection distorting my work. Besides I’m shooting for something a bit more Zen-like. Benjamin Moore has a great color – Quiet Moments,which is similar to this, but lighter...

I really like it but I’m not sure what the distortion would be. It is between that and a nice soft beige – something like this…

Any opinions?

3 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Congratulations on your studio in progress!!!! And no, its not pretentious - you are much in need of (and deserving!) a STUDIO space! I can't wait to see it and visit when finished. I like the beigy color...

Gina House said...

It's about time you updated your blog! (only kidding) The socks are coming out awesome...can't wait until your pattern is done! I should have a copy of mine for you tomorrow night, if I can get over this darn cold. My opinion...I like the Quiet Moments color with maybe white trim? If only the beige were a leetle bit pinker. Oh, check out my blog, too....I did some spinning and dyeing this weekend...and navajo ply. I'll bring all tomorrow night. Will check out your store, too. HUGS!!!

Lapdog Creations said...

The Vineyard Merino is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!