This is my first time taking part in the Secret Pal exchange, so I am very excited! Without further ado, here are my responses to the questionaire...
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I hate acrylic (yup, I'm a yarn snob), love wool, alpaca, angora.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Well, i have a needle holder I made for my straights, but my poor dpns are in a pencil box and my circs float from basket to bag.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for abotu 1 1/2 years and taught myself with the help of the videos on Knittinghelp.com
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?no
5. What's your favorite scent?
lavender laender lavender!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
mmm...chocolate. major sweet tooth. I like gummi things, too.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin, sew, and do some beading as well.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like a mix of pop, country, mainstream type rock, r&b -- NO rap
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm a red girl, but I love most colors. I cannot wear yellow, but use it liberally in my decor.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married, two young children, 4 cats, 1 dog, i angora rabbit
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?yes, yes, yes (if I had them), and not anymore
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? socks, sweaters
13. What are you knitting right now? socks, sweater for daughter, hat for nephew, and a captain Underpants doll.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
for socks, i do like my dpns or magic loop, but I prefer to make my sweaters seamless in possible on circs. a nice metal like addis, or even susan bates dpns for socks are nice with most yarns I use, although I have many bamboo as well.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
yes to both
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
sweater knit for my s-i-l, not yet seamed. my second projects ever.
18. What is your favorite holiday? toss up between halloween and thanksgiving
19. Is there anything that you collect? YARN! lol
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Twisted Sisters Sock book, Victorian Lace Today, Wicked from Zephyr(?). I have a subscription to Interweave Knits
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? fair isle colorwork
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? YES! I am a women's 7 1/2 - 8 shoe
23. When is your birthday? August 16th