Sunday, April 08, 2007

I did it!!

I actually finished the two sweaters for Easter! I am shocked at myself. Seriously. Of course, I was still working on them both Easter morning, but who cares! They got done in time to debut at the in-laws!
So here it is, the "Big Ball" Chunky Everyday Cardigan by Amy King of Spunky Eclectic in her and-dyed Red Maple Colorway...




It is a bit snug around the chest when zipped. This is a relatively new thing for me. In a former life I was nominated President of the Itty Bitty *itty Commitee, so I think when I read a sweater measurement of over 40 inches, I think, no way -- not me! but I will apparently have to come to terms with this ummmm...development. I am still thrilled with it, tho, and I hardly ever wear a cardi zipped or bottoned anyway. It is soft and comfy and warm and I got lots of compliments on it today.
And FO number two is Tashi's Skull Sweater. As I said yesterday, my poor puppy's fur has gotten out of control and needed to be shorn. This is Tashi before...

And this is her in all her bad-ass glory.


Yeah, baby! I wanted to by her a spiked and studded collar, but, well, let's face it, she could never pull it off. The sweater is less than perfect -- my first foray into colorwork, and I seem to pull too tightly on my floats because the skull section was puckered, and I lost track of the chart a number of times and fudged it. For some reason, I am having great difficulty counting these past few days. (Seriously -- counted my damn stitches 5 times and kept coming out with 78 -- handed the needles to hubby and her counted 68. sigh.) I found the pattern a bit difficult to follow, as well, and fudged a lot of it. It calls for picking up stitches and knitting "sleeves" as well, but it doesn't seem necessary and I think I'm going to leave it be. I totally want Tashi to have one in every color. lol (For those curious, it was knit in Knit Picks Wool of the Andes from the stash.)
The next one is for Lilah. ;) Oh! and btw,For you spinners out there, the groomers saved Tashi's fur for me!

13 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

I love your sweater! So what if its snug, it looks great.

Your dog looks totally bad-ass. CUTE!

Lora said...

Great looking FO's girlie!!! You're on a roll! The sweater looks beautiful on you!

Rockin' Pup ya got there.

Anonymous said...

poor innocent tashi and shes so gonna have one in every colour ...and she and the bunny are so gonna be matching in summer skull bikinis!!!Rock on Tash.

Anonymous said...

Your sweater came out great!! Such a pretty color! The rocker chick in me needs a skull sweater for Bruschi, omg, that is the coolest!

Gigi said...

A styling mommy and puppy! The sweaters look great and yours is a fantastic color. I must say I had some doubts about the "rocker" sweater on that sweet puppy, but Tashi looks just right in it! Good Job!

Anonymous said...

The Big Balls sweater came out great! I love the colorway. It looks wonderful on you. I took over as president of that club :-)

Tashi looks beautiful with a new hair cut and sweater. You really whipped that up fast!

Anonymous said...

You look great - 'development' and all! I love that subtle variegated yarn.

Er, is that snow in the background?

And Tashi looks so... SLIM!! Maybe I should make one of those skull thingys for Sheeba...

PS: I've left you a comment at Etsy. x

Lapdog Creations said...

Those are 2 bad ass sweaters! YEA! Love them both! I found the "sleeves" on the doggy sweaters are only if they need them to fit a bit more snug around the tops of the legs.

Amy Boogie said...

your sweater looks fantastic and it looks so good on you! vavavavoom. And I love Tashi's sweater. She looks tough!

Gina House said...

FANTASTIC! Both of you look terrific in your new sweaters!

Jackie said...

Hottie! I love the colorway and the sweater looks fantastic on you!!

I totally love Tashi's sweater too. She rocks it.

Cheryl said...

That sweater looks great on you! And congrats on being out of the IBTC. I'm still on that commitee. Poor me!

Nikki said...

What have you done to poor Tashi??? She doesn't even look like the same dog lol!

Ok, I try try try to read this blog, but I just don't get the knitting stuff! I will continue to try though. I miss you! See you in a few months!