Thursday, April 26, 2007

Serious Stash Enhancement (aka -- SOMEBODY STOP ME!)

As pictures are worth 1000 words, I will say little...
"new" fiber stash basket (a picnic basket) purchased from the same antique shop I got Izzy, stuffed with goodies, including March and April Spunky Club Fiber and pink sparkly fiber from HollyEQQ...

new red knitting bag from Target and Sereknity sock bag (I am in a major pink and brown phase)...

gorgeous fiber from the Woolen Rabbit...

more Woolen Rabbit Fiber in another new stash basket, bought on clearance at W-mart...

my fab "I Love Knitting" hand-made, glass beaded stitch markers from my SP10 atop a pattern purchase of Glee (I also got Rusted Root!)...

a huge bag of Schachenmayr/Nomotta Blue Jeans, the darker will be Glee, and I have enough of the light for a long sleeve! Love this stuff -- I knit pants for Little Jackie in this and it was great (and only $1.00 a skein discontinued at Big Lots)...

OMGOMGOMG Fiber from Crosspatch Creations in the color Tammany's Prize, named after a race horse (love that)...

and look what is in it!!

This will be a Clapotis, I think. It is about time.
Oh, and there is this...

of which I am getting 2 more skeins for a sweater for Jacob. Good stuff! Good price. Very sproingy. Walpole wool, indie farm. Gotta love that. You may see this at Sereknity in the near future.
And there is a crap-load of this...

Lion Wool, on clearance. Nice Hand, 100% wool, in enough for sweaters for the kids.
(And since it isn't here yet, the books and yarn on their way from Knit Picks don't count, right? RIGHT???)
This is what happens when I can't work....AHHHHHH!!!!
I have been somewhat productive, tho. True to my obsessive nature, I just couldn't stop spinning on Izzy and finished my first skeins on her...


Do you see how THIN that is??? I am so happy! I'd say it is a fingering weight, tho I didn't calc the wraps per inch. I got 309 yards out of four ounces of alpaca in it's natural color. I'll be gifting this to someone I think will really appreciate the history behind it.
And the knitting...

in order from left to right, Poppy (silk Garden/Lamb's Pride), Lilac Socks (Sereknity Sock Options Merino/Tencel), Wicked (Knit Picks Shine Worsted). Loving the Shine. It is sooo soft. I am knitting at a guage a bit smaller than called for but thinking that will be a good thing since this is cotton, and Wicked was designed in wool.

Like the stitch marker? Told you I'm into brown and pink. ;)

9 comments:

Lora said...

OMG Picture overload!! I love post like this. haha! I just bought some brown and pink fabric at Martins House of Cloth the other day. :) too cool

Jackie said...

I'm wiping the drool off my keyboard. OMG I love the yarn you spun! It is so thin.

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I can't believe you spun that yourself!! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow, Woman! That's some serious stash enhancement!

Lapdog Creations said...

GREAT post! I've been having the same little problem lately, even though I keep saying NO. MORE. YARN. MUST. USE. STASH. uh-huh...
Isn't the wool grand? I just ordered our additional skeins.
The alpaca you spun is amazing - someone sure is lucky to receive that!

Gina House said...

Great stuff, Heather!

Lapdog Creations said...

PS - why is it that Big Lots never has yarn when I go??

NH Knitting Mama said...

You have scored some great stuff! I'm sorry that you still aren't well enough to work, is the PT helping?

That yarn that you spun looks lucious.

Anonymous said...

Your alpaca yarn is just gorgeous! I love the color. It is so sweet of you to think of me while you were spinning it. :) Do you need my address?!?!? :)

Glad you like your batt! I hope you get back to work soon.... you won't have a room big enough to store all your stash if'n you don't! :)
Just dyed up some hot pink and brown (see Cherry Tree Fantasy Bag), but you have inspired me to go home tonight and try the softer route of pink. Very purty!
Congrats on all the goodies.

Hope this finds you well.
Holly