Monday, January 07, 2008

Good-bye 2007...

...and don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out. For me, 2007 was one of the most difficult years I have had in recent memory, and I am happy to see it done. Enough said on that.
I enter the new year with renewed hope and strength, and the knowledge gained. Things I know? Well, for one, I know the value of great friends, and I am blessed with many (man, I love you guys -- and I know you know who you are!). I also know that I am strong, and have learned once again to have faith -- in myself and the universe. 2007 also saw the start of Sereknity in earnest, and even with great struggles, a swiftky turning learning curve and some certain mistakes, it has done well, and I look forward to an even better year. I've re-dedicated myself to my family and my children and our home, anxious to remove the clutter and chaos that holds us back. (I've joined Fly Lady. I used this program once before and it is fabulous. I'm ready to take control again and even cleared off the top of the refrigerator!) As a knitter, I am also excited to find new challenges. I am now in love with stranded knitting and want to conquer lace. Finding time for spinning is a priority as well. Knitting Daily recently said it best -- I feel Fearless. I've been through fire and come out scorched, but like a farmer may burn a field, I feel ready for new growth.
Thank you my friends for sticking with me and putting up with me. I promise to be much less of a pain in the ass this year. (oh, and the holiday knitting recap is already being written, so stay tuned...)

3 comments:

Manise said...

Here's to a better year in 2008! Glad you're here!

Sarah said...

Yes, brighter days ahead. That, too, is what I keep telling myself.

Chin up. You sound great.

Laurin said...

yeah! 2007 really did suck, didnit?
I am raising a cyber-glass of champagne and toasting with you to a better 2008. Although, when you really think about it, 2007 could have been a whole lot worse. I have really been trying to focus on the fact that life is not all that bad compared to what others have to deal with. It helps!