Friday, January 18, 2008

The sweater that won't be knit

Ok, so, I'm really really trying to get Poppy (here and here, as well) done. I want to have it to wear for SPA. I've had to put it aside for soooo many other things, holidays being the biggest culprit, but now, with all clear, for some reason I just. can't. get. it. done. One sleeve left people! ONE SLEEVE! I've been putting in a row here or there, and this morning thought I was finally past the increase section until...
wait a minute...
how many stitches should be here???
Shit.
RIIIIP.
This is why I was an English major -- can't count. Way too many cast-on stitches. UG.
The little girl is home from school on day two with conjunctivitis. (Docs didn't call in her script until mid afternoon! Don't get me going on that frustration.) I'm going to take her to see "The Waterhorse," and am hoping ot get some knitting in there. Problem is, I just KNOW the sleeves aren't going to fit into the armholes. Sigh.

7 comments:

Lora said...

argh and double argh!! Hope the girl feels better soon!

Unknown said...

You'll get it done. I'm trying to get my Central Park Hoodie done for SPA too.

Gina House said...

Hey H! Missed seeing you Wed, Fri and Sat! That totally SUCKS about the sleeve! But, keep going...you actually might get it done...don't give up hope!

jessie said...

I know this is cruel but I did actually feel some relief in my own miscounting when I read of your troubles. That you are also on an Anastasia sock in addition to the sweater means you have it at least twice as hard as me.

I was an A student in college calculus. But I never took any courses relating to counting to 60. Maybe night courses?

Good luck with your future knitting....

Anonymous said...

I hope the little girls feels better by now. I haven't had a chance to catch up with you, but THANK YOU for that beautiful email you sent me before the wedding. Of course, I cried! I'll email you some photos soon. x

Amy Boogie said...

Sorry to hear about the sweater woes. I hope the little one is better soon.

Heather said...

I feel your pain. Really truly deeply. I have a WIP that's been a WIP so long I didn't even bother putting it on Ravelry.
: (
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I LOVE your etsy store!
Heather
Craftlit.blogspot.com