Tuesday, October 03, 2006

New Needles and yarns

Here is a little peek at what I put (and will be putting) on the etsy site today...
Harvest Moon and Romance...

Escape...

and Rock Lobster...

all in sport weight -- great for the Smocked Gauntlets and the new sock pattern coming. (I swear! It is! Really!!) And then there is the delectable Vineyard in Fingering weight...

I also finished up this batch of hand-carved needles w/ swarovski crystals...

I'm not sure how I feel about the numbers on them -- I got a wood burning tool and wrote the needle sizes on the needles, but the REALLY look hand done with hat on there. Does this ruin them? PLEASE give me some feedback on this. I'm not sure what to do. I really want to put sizes on them but frankly, my writing stinks. Help!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should canibalize an old typewriter and burn the numbers on that way. That could be pretty bitchin'. You'd get the number on, wouldn't have to worry about your writing, and it'd just look so awesome.

yarnophiliac said...

You know, I actually thought of something similar -- they have metal stamps for scrapbooking -- but I don't know how to heat them up that hot! The wood tool goes to 950 degrees! So it looks like crap, huh?
h

Lora said...

i'm loving that harvest moon! Dreamy!

Lapdog Creations said...

I like Ericka's idea if you can figure out how to make it work without burning off your fingers! And no, I don't think the existing ones look like crap at all - I think it adds personality to the handcrafted nature of the item!
Btw, when you do get this figured out can I shamelessly ask you to mark my leopard size 8's (I was thinking that as I was knitting with them - should I just write on 'em with a sharpie... but I felt THAT would look like crap, lol). Can't wait to get my yummy yarns tonight!

Gina House said...

Gorgeous!!!!! Wow...I am so impressed. Love the Harvest Moon! Those needles are amazing!

Anonymous said...

I think the ones you have look great! It's your own personal touch and adds to the handcraftedness :) (a word? who cares!) Very nice, H!