Friday, July 06, 2007

It's not my fault...

Seriously. I had no intentions of starting new projects -- the WIPs and queue overfloweth, there are great quantities of yarn to be dyed, fiber to be carded, listings to write, and a studio to finish. I had finished a sweater! What a good girl -- check that off the list. And then, I get THIS e-mail from she-who-will-not-be-named-but-is-the-lackey-NAY!-high-priestess- of-the-yarn-goddess-herself (and you know who you are -- ehem, cough, Amy), and I quoth "I'm so busy all the time, knitting and spinning is my relaxing outlet. If I want to start something new, I will dangit. I'll finish the others eventually but why force myself when I work so hard already. Knitting should be for joy, not because you 'should finish it'."
HERE HERE! (Enabler!)
And so I started Clapotis.

The yarn had been spun, laying about in it's exquisite loveliness, taunting me, whispering sweet "knit me"s whenever I walked by. Fiend. I take no responsibility.
And then there was MS3. For that I blame Cheryl. Mentioning the lovely black alpaca I am anxious to spin and knit into something lacy, she suggested I sign up for MS3 "to get the pattern, anyway. You don't have to start it." O, foolish mortal that I am! How is it that I am surrounded by these Sirens of fiber temptation? I am entirely powerless.


(First 2oz. batch spun at 32wpi, single ply,270yards Sally Fenn Alpaca in natural black, with irridescent plum and gold beads. yum.)
*****Thank you everyone for your wonderful outpourings of support for my last post. Yes, my baby, Jason, is HOME from war, safe, where I can hug him and spoil him as much as he deserves. I hope to have some great pics of him and the kids soon as he may come stay with us this weekend.*****

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You know, that is a really good point your anonymous email friend made - knitting SHOULD be all about the enjoyment, and we shouldn't feel guilt about any part of it (except maybe when we spend way too much $ on yarn). I'll try to remember that when the next FO I make doesn't fit.
That handspun looks like it was made to be a Clapotis. I think it will be beautiful.

Lapdog Creations said...

The yarn you spun for Clapotis is gorgeous!!! :) Loving the black alpaca too!

Good point from shall-remain-nameless... I like the way she thinks! I actually needed some FO pleasure and therefore knit a sunflower dishcloth just for the sake of a quick FO... :) I also just cast on my 2nd Grandma's Footise in triple scoop... we wont' talk about the other WIP's...

See you Wed night?

NH Knitting Mama said...

There is not anything wrong with having multiple UFO's! Eventually you'll get them done, and if you don't - SO WHAT!

Anonymous said...

Well, I was right you know! I was just saving you money, so you don't have to buy the pattern later.

Did you see they announced the SPA plans? Did you make reservations yet? I did, this year I'm staying the whole weekend! Woohoo!

Gigi said...

It's your knitting party and you can play your party games in any order you want! =-D Cannot wait to see how the Clapotis turns out in your beautiful handspun...