Friday, August 31, 2007

I should be sad...


...but I'm not! On Wednesday, my youngest officially started First Grade -- his first full day of school. Now, of course I will miss my boy, but it is hard to be sad when they are SO REVVED UP for it! On Tuesday, the day of the school Open House, he was awake and downstairs before Rachel -- NO one is ever up before Rachel -- so excited to go in and see his classroom and get started. We aren't talking anxious nerves here, but uncontainable delightful eagerness.
Here they are running to greet their friend and neighbor...

Rachel dancing

and Jacob getting on the bus (Rachel escaped b4 I could snap a pic).

Jacob was so comfortable, that when the bus made its first stop, he hopped across the isle to introduce himself and sit with another little boy, instead of with his sister (who has been unendingly sweet with him, btw). They arrived home later suitably
exhausted, but in great spirits, and are still going strong on day three. YAY!

We celebrated the week and ended out the summer on Monday by going to the local lake with friends so the kids could get in one good last swimming day,

and then on Tues. went to the Butterfly Place in Nashua. AWESOME! I got so many great pics, and I hope to get a bunch printed to decorate Rachel's room. (Going to be a Christmas present I think.) Here are a few of my favorites...





I have been in a definite fit with my knitting -- restless, dissatisfied, and generally feeling like I am getting no-where (which is exactly true) so I cast on (again! I know!) for some mittens for the kids -- early handspun for Jacob, and Poems for Rachel -- and they are nearly done. Ugly, but nearly done. I'll have pics next time. I won't say "tomorrow" -- we know how that goes!

9 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Great pics! Glad to hear Jacob is so in to school too. I didn't realize there was a Butterfly place in Nashua??!! MUST. GO. The best one we've been to so far was in Miami.

Lora said...

I love Rachel Dancing!!! Jacob looks TOO dang happy!! I'm glad he is though!

Anonymous said...

Butterfly place in Nashua? Do tell.

yarnophiliac said...

ok -- I'm a dip -- it was Westford,MA not Nashua. We went through Nashua. DUH. This is why I didn't drive.

Laurin said...

those mittens are NOT ugly! They are homey and cute and cuddly.

Anonymous said...

OMG, Rachel looks just like you! They certainly do look happy to be going back to school.

Gigi said...

They look so happy to be going off to school. I miss those days. I don't think the teens I will face later this week will be smiling and bouncing like them! LOL

Gina House said...

They're growing up fast! What beautiful pictures!

Sonya said...

They do look very happy to be going to school. The butterflies are beautiful