Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm baaaack! And with so much to tell...

This may actually take a few posts. Life has been pretty crazy lately, and rather than try to cover everything in chronological order, I'll go by topic. Since it is a knitting/fiber blog after all, we might as well start there...
FIBER REVIVAL! wow! what a day! I had such a great time and met so many folks - but next time bloggers MUST WEAR BLOG-TAGS! I know I must have met a ton of you, but darned if I could match the faces to the blogs. Next fair, I'll have these at my table. I really wan tot thank each and every person who came through my booth for helping to make my first vending event such a fun and wonderful day. Was it financially worth it? You bet. But even better was the opportunity to chat with everyone and share an art I love. I was worried, being a vendor, of coming off as some pesky sales person, and having people shy away from me as such (many years ag, I worked int he car business. I guess some wounds take a while to heal!). That so didn't happen -- everyone was wonderful! I had so much fun, even tho I couldn't mingle as much as I would have liked. Kudos and huge thanks to both Cheryl and Julia and all the others in charge (Kathy at Spencer-Pierce Little Farm was simply amazing, too, but I don't have a link for her!) for inviting me and making it such a huge success. Can't wait for next year!
Some pictures of my booth...




How did I do???
The awesome amazing Blogless Kelly also cranked out a sampling of my sock yarn with dyeing remnants...check this out!

that is almost 8 feet of wonderful yarny goodness! I so have to get me one of those machines! (Colorways from top left swirling down to bottom right are...(brown scrap) Summer Blooms, Triple Scoop, Motif#1, Lilacs in Bloom, Martian, Tree Frog, Macintosh, Romance, Autumn Blaze, Summer Blooms again, Breakfast at Tiffanys, Violas, (scrap brown). How cool is that??
And some close ups...



All the yarns were fingering weight, some merino superwash, some Merino/tencel -- it is so great to see them knit up! And to see them do exactly what I wanted them to do -- eps. Tree Frog. YAY! Of course, gauge changes everything, but it is nice to know I hit the mark for the most part.
My dork moment for the day? I met a very sweet and unassuming young woman wearing a simply lovely sweater, which I complimented, to which she replied -- "Thank you! It is my own design." I gushed a little more thinking, "Really? Her design? I could have sworn I have seen that before." I never thought to ask where I could get it. Well, duh! This is the design and this is the designer. Yeah, big dork. We even chatted up the sweater her daughter as wearing made out of her handspun (gorgeous -- and the sweater was nice too...lol). I'm thrilled to have met her.
Ok, back to work for now, but I'll get caught up on all the other family doings later -- and the paltry little teensy bit of knitting. There have been a few stitches here and there. Until next time!

7 comments:

Sonya said...

You have been very busy. It sounds like fiber revival was a huge sucess.

Lora said...

I'm just glad you had such a beautiful day for your first vendor outting!! :)

Knit and fall back in it said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such kind words. I am glad that your brother is home safe and sound.

Beautiful hand painted yarns. I am sure I will be doing some shopping.

Gigi said...

Sounds like revival was great fun!

Anonymous said...

I agree - blogtags are a must! I almost missed giving some love to Jess of Ravelry for all her hard work.

And doncha love those sock machines? That might actually get me to love knitting socks... ;-)

Lapdog Creations said...

Congrats on a huge success vending - the tent looks amazing!
We're invited back to the Rockport Shopping Extravaganza on Dec 1 if you want to do it - I emailed you :)

Laurin said...

aw - damn. I keep hearing it was an awesome day. I wish I could have pulled it together to go. Absolutely delighted you did so damn well. We'll be able to say someday that we knew you when....