Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Uninspired

Been a bit quiet around here, huh? Truth be told, life is kicking my ass right now, and somedays I am having a bit a trouble knowing which way to turn. I won't bore you with the gory details. I'm working on it, tho, and trying to slog through each day doing at least one positive thing -- to accomplish SOMETHING -- and not just crawl in a hole and hide. THAT certainly doesn't help, although it seems tempting at times. So today, I am working on another wholesale order, starting with some of the simple things. I dyed some yarn yesterday that wasn't quite right, revisited it today, and now it is beautiful again. I feel better. Onward and upward, no?
I don't think I can even hope to catch you all up to the events of the past few weeks. I did head to the Big E to demonstrate spinning with some Island Pond Spinning friends, including the wonderful, newly-wed Ericka (more on that in a bit). It was a long but pleasant day, and I finally gave Navajo plying a good honest try, coached by Carol Spoerl, our fearless leader-of-the-day. She kept telling me she had all the patience in the world to teach me -- problem is, I don't! But I persisted and created the ugliest skein of yarn from the loveliest of fibers (Spunky Eclectic Triple Play Batts purchased at the Fiber Frolic).

I will eventually conquer this technique -- the sacrifice will not be in vain. I also began spinning some Soysilk fiber (hand-dyed by me) and I LOVE it. so smooth and soft and really quite easy to spin. Both Carol and I experimented with this and some bamboo, and the soy won out hands down. Good stuff.
From there, it was back to the busy work/school week. I had the interesting experience of being finger printed as I applied to substitute teach in my town. (I figure this is a good way to bring in a little cash, and yet, if I am busy with work and orders, I can always say "no".) I also spent many days working on a special little flock of sheep for the Sweet Sheep shop. (I neglected to get a pic of the whole crew in-process, but here is a representative pair.)

Michelle will soon have 15 pair of these lovelies in her hot little hands in various lengths and needle sizes. They would make lovely gifts! (Oh yes, folks, that time is rapidly approaching.)
Then, it was off to Maine for our last "hurrah" at camp, and to celebrate my baby boys SEVENTH birthday. 7!!!!!! We spent the day roaming the Freyburg Fair with friends (sorry -- bad mommy -- no pics) and my Boy and his Daddy even went on a helicopter ride, while the Girl and I had some "girlie" time alone. We finished the day with presents and a chocolate chip cookie cake, and all was well in the boy's world. We then enjoyed a family visit to camp on Saturday, grilling for 17 people that evening, ending the season in just the right fashion. Unfortunately for my dear hubby, I deserted him on Sunday, leaving him to break camp, in order to attend the wedding of my dear and wonderful friends, Chris and Ericka (see -- told you I would get to it!) It was a lovely event, and they are an even more beautiful couple.
A few pics from the happy day...


All they best to you, my loves!! (This event warrants more than a mere addendum to a post, so I will give you a full account in the next few days...)

11 comments:

Amy Boogie said...

They look beautiful together! As always though. I hate that I had to miss it. Yes yes, i want to hear more

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back and hope things even out soon!

Manise said...

Hang in there! Dabbling with the dye pots makes life right again :-) Looking forward to seeing what you cook up!

Anonymous said...

Keep on keeping on. The rough patches usually smooth out after a while!

Sonya said...

That hole always looks inviting. Do your best to stay away from it. It is so easy to climb in and stay.

The wedding sounds just wonderful.
Looking forward to seeing the colors.

Nikkiana said...

*hug* I know how you feel, I swear, I spend more days wandering around not sure what to do with myself when I'm supposed to be working.

And if you ever figure out Navajo plying, you're going to have to teach me, I don't get it either. ;)

Gina House said...

Love the wedding pics and I'm so impressed with your new Navajo ply yarn! I'm so glad you finally tried it. Once you get used to it, it's a breeze...and a great way to get rid of your singles!

Happy Birthday to the little guy and many hugs to you!!!

mochirunner said...

The sheep are so cute:) Christmas is rapidly approaching!! Where did the time go? Happy Birthday to your little one! and hugs to you...Hopefully some beautiful fall weather, dye pots, and wonderful wooly goodness will help lift you through the funk.

Linda said...

It was so nice to see you last night at spinning! And I really do want something delightful to spin on my new bitty spindle. What do you suggest? Let's chat!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better now. Dare I say, I think I know how you feel. Hugs and kisses from the other sideof the world. [Right now, I wish I lived closer to you.] x

Wishing your little boy a very happy [belated] birthday.

Hope Nicholson said...

Goodd share